Hey, everyone, here’s the top 5 for the week ending 11/7/2014.
1. First up… Make plans now to attend the second annual Christmas Open House at The Village. We’ll start sending out invites in the next two weeks- as well as email blasts. Go ahead and mark the date, now. This is a “come and go” event, and is an awesome way to see our place firsthand.
2. This video. This quick video shows you the inside of our thrift store and explains the awesome fact that the one thing that funds 70% of it is actually the easiest thing for you to give. That’s right. It’s the easiest to give and it’s the biggest game changer. Watch, and think about doing it!
3. Staff shift… job development… and procurement.
We have some awesome guys working here. Over the past few weeks, two of the guys have shifted from case management to other roles. Drew is now heading procurement- and is the guy you’ll talk to if you call to set up a pickup or donation for the thrift store. Philip is helping guys land jobs, and apparently hit a home run this week. Great work, guys!
4. $13K of freezer, roof other projects, etc. We have a few projects we need to do to keep the place humming. Here they are:
- Re-roof the “new hall” (about $6K for metal roofing- it’s a huge hall!)
- Re-do the sewer at the women’s property (about $2K)
- Install a freezer at the commercial kitchen (about $2K). We have the freezer, we simply need to lay a slab- this is an outdoor, stand alone freezer which will massively cut down our grocery budget, since we’ll be able to store donated meats!
- Install HVAC on men’s hall (about $3K). We’ve been given a 15-ton unit- it’s ready to go. We simply need the cash- or the crew- to install it!
If you want to help, give us a ring! 205-868-3751!
5. Alfonzo receives medical clearance. “P-Dot” (Alphonso Dotson) has been driving for us for about four years. A few months ago, he had a stroke. He’s worked hard- aggressively exercising and eating right, to get medical clearance.
As of today, he’s clear to work!