As 2014 winds down, we’re looking ahead to a great next year.
God has greatly blessed our efforts at The Village as we have seen tremendous growth- particularly this past year. Growth means even greater opportunity and responsibility. In order to maintain the high standards of ministry that we have established, we are seeking additional ministry partners- those who will invest financially and relationally.
I’m writing to tell you about two opportunities related to this.
1. The first opportunity is our Christmas Open House event we will hold on December 4th (a Thursday), at our property located at 507 Whitmore Drive (35221). The event will begin at 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (“come and go”, and will include a 7-minute presentation at 7:00 pm about who we are, what we do, and how it all happens. I’ll give a quick 7-minute presentation at 7:00 pm that provides everyone with an overview of the program.
We’ll serve appetizers and deserts at this casual event. We would love to see you there and show you our newly renovated facility.
If I have your address on file, I’ve already sent an invite in the mail- a friend has made some great invites for us! If you do not receive an invite in the next day or two, will you please send me your address?
2. The second opportunity is to partner with us. To help cover the ongoing operational / ministry expenses of The Village, we’re seeking financial and relational partners who will commit to working with us at least one time.
Specifically, I am asking you to make a one-time financial investment right now that will help cover the operating expenses of a particular area at our ministry center. You can even choose the ministry effort you’d like. Additionally, I am asking you to pray about becoming an ongoing supporter to help facilitate our future growth as well as meeting our day to day ministry needs.
For those who sponsor a ministry area:
1. We’ll create a frame near the door of the room you sponsor- with your name, your church’s name, your business logo, or the name of someone you’ve sponsored the room in honor of… It will be nice, but basic. We’ll spend the money on ministry- not plaques. Your name / the frame will stay there all year.
2. We will communicate with you monthly as to what goes on in throughout the ministry. You’ll get an email 12 times over the next year containing stories of life change- and prayer needs. The monthly emails will allow you to monitor the effectiveness of your investment.
3. We’ll invite you to our special events (i.e., Open House events, etc.), so you can come and see what’s happening. Of course, you’re welcome to drop by any time.
4. We won’t ask you to keep supporting us each month. We’ve made our appeal and believe that once you see and hear the incredible stories of life change you’ll want to continue this investment and walk with us on this journey.
How much are we asking for? It’s based on the area you choose. We’re asking for one-time gifts based on the area you sponsor. The “Sponsorship Opportunities” listed below give you a breakdown of areas ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 (of course, you can give as much as you’d like!). If you do not feel you are in a position to provide a full sponsorship, we would gladly welcome any contribution you are able to make at this time.
Our overall goal is to raise $150,000. That probably doesn’t sound like a lot when one considers all that we are doing through The Village. We can keep this need low because we are able to self-generate the bulk of our almost $1 million annual operating budget through our work programs and the relationships we have established with area charitable foundations. So, the remaining $10,000- $15,000 we must secure each month to complete the difference isn’t all that much when one considers everything that is happening from our center.
Thanks for your time- and for your past help. I’d love to come visit with you or speak with you on the phone if you have time or should you have any questions or need additional information.
The Open House event is a non-strings-attached, “come and see” what we do event. We’re inviting past donors and volunteers
We’d love to see you there on the 4th of December!
Executive Director, The Village
PS- I have attached more info below about the various areas we have available for sponsorship.
The Village Sponsorship Opportunities
The Village opens its doors to men, women and families who have been broken or beaten down by bad choices, bad circumstances, and bad relationships. We are a residential reentry and recovery facility, housing people for 6-9 months as they walk through their life transformation process.
We provide a structured environment in which the Holy Spirit ministers healing and wholeness in Jesus Christ to our residents. As they become healthy and whole they join us in serving the city. They become part of the solution, part of the body of Christ, an expression of Jesus’ hands and feet reaching out to love the people around us.
We have the following rooms available for sponsorship:
10 small men’s rooms (4 men each) ($1,000 sponsorship each)
5 large men’s rooms (8 men each) ($2,500 sponsorship each)
6 family rooms ($1,000 sponsorship each)
6 Phase women’s rooms ($1,500 sponsorship each)
6 Phase 3 rooms (space for those to stay who have completed the program) ($1,000 sponsorship each)
In addition, we have the following 8 areas available for sponsorship:
Computer lab (men’s) ($5,000)
Computer lab (women’s) ($5,000)
Dining hall / multi-purpose room ($5,000)
Men’s living room ($2,000)
Women’s living room ($2,000)
Phase 3 living room ($2,000)
Weight room ($3,000)
Outdoor basketball court ($5,000)