Here’s the top 5 for the week ending 03/08/2014… As always, items are listed here in no particular order.
1. The guys from Barefoot Moses played at The Village. We skipped class one Monday evening, to have the guys out. They were fantastic! They are humble, gracious men who mix folk singing with rap and about ten other genres. They love people, and they love the Lord.
2. Charles and Terry scored 100 in the kitchen! Our Health Department inspection went really well. They always do. The guys keep a great work space. We’ve hit 98, 97… 99…
But never 100- until now!
3. The thrift store looks amazing. Earlier in the week I posted a video of the progress the guys have made- and all of the things they did while I was in Hawaii. I returned to a store that is (almost) ready to set up.
4. Open house is scheduled at the thrift store for 05/01/2014- 05/03/2014. We’ll have been open for a few weeks by that point- and will have the “flow” of things down- as much as possible. We plan to do a ribbon cutting on Thursday, May 1st, in the morning… followed by a weekend of fun.
More info to come on this.
5. Southpace and Cadence Bank will be helping with the Open House. Southpace, the property manager, is helping provide publicity and helping us “do it right.” Cadence Bank will provide hotdogs, hamburgers, and food…