1. We received a grant from The Community Foundation. This past week we received a check from The Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham. The grant will facilitate expanding our job development resources to include information on permanent housing. In addition, this grant will allow us to expand our computer equipment at The VIllage (we’ve already placed an order with Apple!).
2. We received a grant from The Scrushy Foundation. At the same time, we received another grant from the Scrushy Foundation. This grant also goes to help fund the aspects of The Growth Track, the program at The Village.
3. We received another grant from Honda. A few weeks ago Honda awarded us a grant towards a health and nutrition program we are putting in place. This program will include a commercial-grade weight room (already on-site), an outdoor basketball court (halfway complete), an outdoor track (soon to be started), a more health-conscious menu (in process), as well as an outdoor walking trail (coming this Spring). We are still seeking other partners to help complete these projects with us- and will complete them as the resources are available for each.
We are honored at each of the three organizations above have supported us in the past- and have chosen to partner with us again.
4. Sozo is growing- we just had a great meeting welcoming 40 new people to the team / next training session is scheduled for February 2, 2012 (a Saturday). There are multiple ways to get involved with Sozo. You can join the Wednesday (10:00am) team or the Thursday (7:00pm) team. The upcoming training session will provide you with an incredible overview of the ministry. To lean more about Sozo from past posts on this website, go here.
5. “Blessed Hands” from Revival Central (formerly Healing Waters Church) ministered at The Village during this past week’s Friday Night LIve. Pastor Dennis Arnold’s church (recently renamed) has an incredible worship / dance ministry that visited The Village this past Friday. They are featured in the picture above. This team combines music with dance and movement to create a one-of-a-kind worship experience that truly brings Heaven to Earth!